How to Register your Class
Follow the steps below to enroll your class to participate and to access the voting ballots for your students.
- Teachers who have not registered in a prior year will need to register for the Teacher Portal to have their students participate in the mock election. Registration is open all year.
- The ballots are now available. Teachers can login to the Teacher Portal to access the ballot for students. Students may submit their ballots until voting closes.
- You have two voting options: Online and Offline. If you would like your students to vote electronically, select Online Voting.
- Submit the number of students who will be participating.
- You will be provided with Ballot Access Codes for each student which you can print or distribute to your students.
- Students can go to voting.njmockelection.org to access their ballot. They will be required to provide their Ballot Access Code in order to cast their vote.
- You can repeat these steps if you need more codes or have additional classes.
- If you would prefer your students to vote using a paper ballot, select Offline Voting.
- You will be provided with a link to download a PDF of the ballot to print and distribute to your students.
- After tallying your students’ votes (by grade if you have multiple grades), login to the Teacher Portal. Select Offline Voting and click “Submit Results”.
- Fill in the blanks with the totals from your students votes. You will need to submit each grade separately if you have multiple grades.
- The New Jersey Mock Election Results will be available within 2 weeks.